Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed new RAII Library
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-14 09:22:05

On Friday 14 September 2012 09:07:07 Sohail Somani wrote:
> On 14/09/2012 1:36 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > Actually, there's this procedure:
> >
> > http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html
> >
> > Specifically, a formal review is required before the library can be
> > committed.
> > Also, the library author should probably read this:
> My view is that it's a missing feature in the existing Scope Exit library.

I don't think so. I've been using Boost.ScopeExit for quite a while and don't
really miss the scope guard function (like the proposed RAIIFunction). If it
is proposed it has to provide something remarkably different or benefical,
IMHO.

As for the RAII wrapper, this component may well deserve its own mini-library.