Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-17 11:07:16

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thoughts?

I'd like to mention that the library has been in Boost for many years
and it may have a considerable user base. I myself have written quite
a few tests based on Boost.Test (in one degree or the other) and I
wouldn't be happy to discover all these tests broken with a new Boost
release.

In my opinion, Boost needs a good testing library. Whether the current
Boost.Test qualifies as such or not is a valid question but it is
better than not having any. While there is no viable replacement for
Boost.Test, the library should be retained at least for sake of
backward compatibility. When the replacement appears we can declare a
deprecation period to allow users (and Boost developers) to port their
tests. IMHO.