Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-17 10:50:52

On 17/09/2012 10:40 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> I am not at all attached to removing Boost.Test from Boost, but IMO
> rescuing it would require a significant new investment of time and
> energy from people who are committed to bringing the library up to par
> with the rest of what we do. (I seriously thought about volunteering
> for this myself, but realistically speaking, I don't have the time, and
> volunteering for something you can't actually do is worse than not
> volunteering at all.) Even if volunteers show up, I'd suggest
> proceeding with the plan above, subject to reversal at any time the work
> actually gets done.

I agree with everything you have said but the library itself is gold.
One of my favourites for testing. However, I can never figure out
anything from the documentation and everything I know about it is from
spelunking the source code.

Is there some way we can get a student interested in technical writing
to rewrite the documentation? It would be good for their resume.

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

Sohail