Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-17 11:36:37

Hi Sohail,

On Monday, 17. September 2012 10:50:52 Sohail Somani wrote:
> On 17/09/2012 10:40 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> > I am not at all attached to removing Boost.Test from Boost, but IMO
> > rescuing it would require a significant new investment of time and
> > energy from people who are committed to bringing the library up to par
> > with the rest of what we do. (I seriously thought about volunteering
> > for this myself, but realistically speaking, I don't have the time, and
> > volunteering for something you can't actually do is worse than not
> > volunteering at all.) Even if volunteers show up, I'd suggest
> > proceeding with the plan above, subject to reversal at any time the work
> > actually gets done.
>
> I agree with everything you have said but the library itself is gold.
> One of my favourites for testing.

+1 on each.

> However, I can never figure out
> anything from the documentation and everything I know about it is from
> spelunking the source code.

... and doing some experimenting.

> Is there some way we can get a student interested in technical writing
> to rewrite the documentation? It would be good for their resume.

Please take a look at

for Gennadiy's last statement on Boost.Test. I think that a major overhaul
including the documentation is overdue. Allocating the needed resources seems
to be the main problem.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1