Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Alexander Stoyan (alexander.stoyan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-18 06:21:42

>> Boost.Test is officially deprecated in the next release
That's sort of too fast and reckless, I agree that there are issues in
Boost.Test but I'd offer to delay with it at least until there is a good
replacement in the library.
The point is if it happens this way and Boost will have no a Test framework
for next 5-10 releases until a replacement is implemented, the folks will
completely migrate
to other test frameworks and will never get back, so the replacement itself
will become pointless. I'd be better to stay patient for some time and keep
working on it.

>> In my opinion, Boost needs a good testing library. Whether the current
Boost.Test qualifies as such or not is a valid question
>> but it is better than not having any. While there is no viable
replacement for Boost.Test, the library should be retained at least
>> for sake of backward >compatibility. When the replacement appears we can
declare a deprecation period to allow users
>> (and Boost developers) to port their tests. IMHO.
Absolutely agree.

Never lose heart!
Regards,
      Alexander Stoyan