Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion][tuple] Is there a plan to have a C++11 compliant and portable tuple library on Boost?
From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-24 10:30:38

On 9/24/2012 9:42 AM, Joel Falcou wrote:
> Le 24/09/2012 00:42, Joel de Guzman a écrit :
>> On 9/23/12 10:41 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In order to implement some features in Boost.thread I need a tuple
>>> that supports move
>>> semantics for its arguments. I see that there is an effort to provide
>>> move semantics when
>>> rvalue references are supported by the compiler.
>>>
>>> Is there a plan to have a C++11 compliant tuple library on Boost that
>>> uses the Boost.Move
>>> library on compilers that don't support rvalue references?
>>
>> I am not sure about Boost.tuple, but fusion has already started
>> C++11 development. Right now, we have 2 containers with move semantics:
>> vector and deque. I am incrementally adding more support. I'd welcome
>> any volunteers.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> Didn't we have a giant C++11 fusion GSoC from 200x ??

Yes, we had. Alas, Christopher and I had disagreements on how to
proceed. Simply put, I can't accept an overhaul (i.e. don't fix
what's not broken) that Christopher wants. There's too much divergence
from the trunk now for me to be comfortable with.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com