Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-28 02:30:16

On 2012-09-17 16:40, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> Hi
> As a straw man, I'll make this suggestion:
>
> - Boost.Test is officially deprecated in the next release
> - Its documentation, such as it is, is removed from the release after
> that
> - Meanwhile, other tests in Boost that use this library are rewritten to
> use a different mechanism
> - The code is removed from Boost thereafter

First of all: We are happy users of Boost.Test!

I haven't counted the number of test cases we handle with Boost.Test in
my team, but unless

  * there is a replacement
  * there is tool support for migrating

we would be stuck with the latest version of Boost that offers Boost.Test.

But again: We are happy users of Boost.Test! Of course, there is always
room for improvement, especially on the documentation side, but that is
true for many parts of boost. And you would not want to deprecate all
boost libraries that feature a "glaring typo" in a tutorial, would you?

@Gennadiy: You wrote in one of your many replies that you would want to
share the load. If you need support in testing/improving/documenting
certain features of Boost.Test: I suggest you send out a call for help
to this list. I am sure there are lots of people willing to help.
Especially after this discussion :-)

Regards,

Roland