Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-29 13:33:19

On 29/09/2012 9:46 AM, Stephan Menzel wrote:
> It simply is one of the best testing frameworks out there and whatever
> it might be lacking of being the very best it makes up for by
> conveniently being part of boost that you use anyway. It just saves
> the trouble of pulling in another 3rd party dependency just for
> testing. You simply already have it because of course you are using
> boost.

I just want to say that after I read the thread and heard about Google
Test/Mock, I wanted to check them out.

It was so easy to add Google test to the build. It literally took me 10
minutes:

1. Unzip Google Mock (which includes Google Test)
2. Add g*-all.cc to the build
3. Wonder why it doesn't compile
4. Add proper include paths
5. Compiles and links
6. Wrote first test

I'm not sure if it's as easy to do this with Boost Test because I can't
approach it as a newbie.

Anyway, I haven't looked back yet and (sorry) I'm not sure I will.
Google Mock itself is unbelievably useful.

You can't fault Boost Test for this though as Google apparently has a
paid team to work on this as part of their "software infrastructure"
team or something similar.

But their documentation is a little meh.

Sohail