Subject: Re: [boost] [release][1.52.0] Release Notes
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-01 06:33:42

On 1 October 2012 01:59, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For 1.52, we'll need a big, prominent note about decltype result_of. I
> don't think putting it in a release note is enough. Not sure where it
> should go, though. Thoughts?

Something could be added to the summary, which is displayed on the
home page. A news story could be created, which would be a surprise to
anyone who follows that feed and thinks it only consists of release
details. Could add something to the top of the left hand column of the
home page (just have to edit index.html - I'd use some inline css to
make it stand out, as I don't think the stylesheets contain
appropriate styles).

In the distribution, a note could be added to index.html in the root
directory, although I don't know if anyone actually reads that. If you
want to be unreasonably intrusive, a warning could be added to the
header.