Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] now uses decltype on release branch
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-01 14:51:05

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Thanks. I'll be going to Portland to champion the proposal. I expect
> some wording tweaks, but for it to be otherwise uncontroversial. One
> wrinkle could be a late proposal by Bjarne and Andrew Sutton to change
> the rules of sfinae to obviate the need for hacks like this, but I don't
> think it should effect whether our resolution gets accepted or not.
>
> After Portland, I'll post a message here to let folks know how it went.

Looking forward to receiving a positive message ;)

This is a bit off-topic, but libstdc++ now implements SFINAE-friendly
std::result_of:

  2012-10-01 Daniel Krugler
  * include/std/type_traits (result_of):
      Provide "SFINAE-friendly" (see N3436) implementation.
  ( http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=revision&revision=191930 )

Regards,
Michel