Subject: [boost] [graph] kick out or replace transitive_reduction()?
From: Johannes Lorenz (johannes89_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-08 07:53:10

Hi,

shall the transitive_reduction function (transitive_reduction.hpp) of boost_graph ever be used? I ask because

 * I can find no docs about it
 * It is unhandy to use, since the nodes are permuted (in opposite to transitive_closure(), which offers a version with *constant* permutation)
 * I've found bugs in the header, which were stated to be bugs by the original author (asked him via email)

If this function should not be used, I'd write a very simple one, using the formula from [1]. Note that this will only work for DAGs, but that's better than nothing. What do you think?

Regards,
Johannes

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_reduction#Graph_algorithms_for_transitive_reduction