Subject: [boost] [GIL] Small docs update suggestion on cached_location_t
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-09 05:35:06

Hi,

I've stumbled upon old thread on "locator and cached_location_t" [1]
There are some interesting explanations which I believe is worth to
add to Boost.GIL docs.

Particularly, I believe the following Lubomir's clarification should be added
as first paragraph documenting cached location:

"Cached location is meant to be used as a quick way to get to neighborhood
pixels if you need to read or write a neighboring location frequently
relative to a given locator."

Currently, notion of cached location is documented in the GIL design guide [1]
but it makes users to deduce answer to "What the cached locator is for?".

BTW, I wanted to provide patch, but I'm not sure where this update should be put
or if I should submit a ticket.

[1] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/12/174157.php
[2] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/libs/gil/doc/html/gildesignguide.html

Best regards,