Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] concepts: pseudo-signatures vs. usage patterns
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-11 21:01:06

> Can we write down pros and cons for concepts implemented via
> pseudo-signatures (C++0x-like and Boost.Generic) vs. usage patterns
> (N3351 and Boost.Contract)?

I think it would be more productive to start writing concepts in
whatever system seems appropriate. Pick a library; write the concepts
and their requirements in a way that feels natural to you. Don't
forget the semantics. Figure out what you need to say, and try to find
the most effective and least verbose way to say it. Try writing it
another way.

Maybe you'll end up with different ideas that either use-patterns or
pseudo-signatures.

It's more important to know the range of things that need to be said
than how to say them.