Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] [documentation] need help generating
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-13 18:55:31

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 10/13/2012 03:07 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
> > I'm a n00b regarding Boost's documentation generation. I've gone through
> >
> > https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted
> >
> > to set up my system (Windows 7, MSVC9, try to do everything from the
> > Windows command line). I then navigate to
> >
> > trunk\libs\iterator\doc
> >
> > and run b2 (the b2 I have from the 1.51.0 release; would that matter?).
>
> It does matter, but not that much. (trunk b2 fixes the
> "can't make" problem). I didn't notice this originally,
> so I still need to update the version number in the trunk
> to account for it.

Is the "don't know how to make" problem an issue here?

> > I get
> >
> > --------
> > don't know how to make

> > <snip>
> > --------
> >
> > Then I run it again:
> >
> > --------
> > <snip>
> > --------
> >
> > This seems to throw everything into trunk\libs\iterator\doc\html.
> However,
> > these generated html documents don't seem to be the same as those in the
> > Boost releases. For example, the table of contents is deeper in the
> > generated index.html than the 1.51.0 release one (which looks be
> identical
> > to trunk/libs/iterator/doc/index.html), and it lacks documentation for
> > function_input_iterator. It seems like I'm doing something wrong, and I'm
> > not really sure what to make of the various errors and warnings I'm
> getting.
> >
> > Would anyone be kind of enough to help me out here?
> >

> It looks like the the quickbook port of the
> iterator docs is incomplete. The docs in
> the release are built from the rst sources.

- How do I build the docs from the rst sources?
- In your opinion, would it best to update the quickbook docs (something I
could probably do) and (somehow) have the release switch to it?

> Oh, my user-config.jam file, located in "C:/Users/Jeffrey/", looks like
> >
> > --------
> > using xsltproc
> > : C:/Users/Jeffrey/boost-tools/libxslt-1.1.26.win32/bin/xsltproc.exe
> > ;
> >
> > using boostbook
> > : C:/Users/Jeffrey/boost-tools/xml/docbook-xsl-1.77.1
> > : C:/Users/Jeffrey/boost-tools/xml/docbook-xml-4.2
> > ;
> >
> > using quickbook
> > : %BOOST_ROOT%/dist/bin/quickbook
> > ;
> > --------
> >
> > BOOST_ROOT refers to my Boost 1.51.0 installation, and
> > C:/Users/Jeffrey/boost-tools/bin is part of my path. Let me know if other
> > information is needed.
> >

> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Thanks Steven! I had a feeling you might say something :)

- Jeff