Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] [documentation] need help generating
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-13 19:32:05

AMDG

On 10/13/2012 03:55 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:

> Is the "don't know how to make" problem an issue here?

No. The commands executed are correct.
It's mostly annoying.

>>> I get
>>>
>>> --------
>>> don't know how to make

>>> <snip>
>>> --------
>>>
>>> Then I run it again:
>>>
>>> --------
>>> <snip>
>>> --------
>>>
>>> This seems to throw everything into trunk\libs\iterator\doc\html.
>> However,
>>> these generated html documents don't seem to be the same as those in the
>>> Boost releases. For example, the table of contents is deeper in the
>>> generated index.html than the 1.51.0 release one (which looks be
>> identical
>>> to trunk/libs/iterator/doc/index.html), and it lacks documentation for
>>> function_input_iterator. It seems like I'm doing something wrong, and I'm
>>> not really sure what to make of the various errors and warnings I'm
>> getting.
>>>
>>> Would anyone be kind of enough to help me out here?
>>>

>> It looks like the the quickbook port of the
>> iterator docs is incomplete. The docs in
>> the release are built from the rst sources.
>>

> - How do I build the docs from the rst sources?

There's an rst2html script in the doc
subdirectory. I don't really know anything
about rst, though.

> - In your opinion, would it best to update the quickbook docs (something I
> could probably do)

No opinion. I'm not the maintainer and I
don't know how close the quickbook port is
to being complete. I always use quickbook
for my own documentation, but for a library
that already exists, I usually stick with
what's there unless I'm doing a complete
overhaul.

> and (somehow) have the release switch to it?

That's just a matter of changing the
redirect in libs/iterator/index.html.
I believe Daniel James builds the
documentation for the releases, so