Subject: [boost] [test] new features use c++11 features
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-18 10:03:26

Hi Gennadiy,

the new features introduced in revision 81010 and81011 use c++ features
unconditionally.

This breaks compilation of Boost.Test on all older compilers. Even the recent
gcc-4.6 (Ubuntu 12.04).

The critical places are:

std::tuple
std::shared_ptr
std::false_type
std::remove_cv

those can be replaced with std::tr1:: equivalents using boost/tr1.

See a quick patch attached.

The usage of

std::enable_if

is critical, as I could not find it in boost::tr1. But this should be available
as boost::enable_if and be detected by the appropriate Boost.Config macro.

And at least gcc-4.6.3 ist missing the angle bracket hack, so closing ">>"
template argument lists are interpreted as operator >>. Also patched.

Could you please try your changes with an older compiler first?

As I can not use c++11 at the moment (I'm stuck with gcc-4.2) I would like to
use the new features with this older compiler.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1