Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Test updates in trunk: need for (mini) review?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-29 08:05:49

on Mon Oct 29 2012, Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen-AT-dezide.com> wrote:

> On 20-10-2012 05:03, Gennadiy Rozenal wrote:
>

>> IX. Number of smaller improvements:
>>
>> * Notion of framework shutdown. Allows to eliminate some fake memory leaks
>> * Added checkpoints at fixture entry points, test case entry point and test case
>> exit point for auto registered test cases
>> * New FPE portable interfaces introduced and FPE handling is separated from
>> system errors handling. You can detect FPE even if catch_system_error is false
>> * Added an ability to erase registered exception translator
>> * execution_monitor: new interface vexecute - to be used to monitor nullary
>> functions with no result values
>> * test_tree_visitor interface extended to facilitate visitors applying the same
>> action to all test units
>> * execution_monitor use typeid to report "real" exception type if possible.
>> * New ability to redirect leaks report into a file
>
> That seems like a lot of nice improvements. However, there is one
> thing that could save a lot of time for us, and that's the ability to
> run a specific test as the first one.
>
> Is that hard to add?

What I always wanted was something that would automatically run all the
tests that failed first and schedule all the tests that succeeded last,
after any that didn't run at all. Obviously that requires keeping some
state around between runs.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training