Subject: Re: [boost] Should the clang, c++11 and libstdc++ configuration supported?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-17 08:59:07

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 17 November 2012 12:04, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> clang compiler is not delivered with a C++11 standard library. When
>> compiling on c++11 mode, some boost libraries (in particular, Boost.Thread,
>> Boost.SmartPtr, Boost.Test) are expecting to have a C++11 standard library.
>> This mean that the user needs to install the latest version of libc++.
>
> Are you sure about that?

Like Daniel, I'm not sure that "clang compiler is not delivered with a
C++11 standard library." is correct. Doesn't the way Clang gets
"delivered" depend on the platform and distribution involved? I've
only use Clang a few times, but IIRC all the distributions I've used
supplied a C++ standard library as part of the package.

--Beman