Subject: Re: [boost] Countertree
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-17 13:05:07

Le 17/11/12 18:44, Francisco José Tapia a écrit :
> About the compatibility with the boost Statistical Accumulators Library, I
> didn't thought about it, but it would be useful. I will try to implement,
> but I need to examine in deep for to provide you a well founded opinion.
>
> About the Policy-Based Data Structures of GCC, I didn't know, but I had
> learned many things reading the code and the documentation of GCC, and I
> hope to learn more with them. I say you the same, I will examine in order
> to provide you a founded opinion.
>
> About the question of sample code.
>
> If you see the online documentation. (
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8437476/works/countertree/index.html). The last
> point is the Download. It's a zip file. If you examine this file, you have
> a example folder with examples of all the data structures, and a benchmark
> folder with the benchmarks used for the documentation.

Please don't top post on this ML.

I have taken a look at the performances on
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8437476/works/countertree/doc/ordered.html#benchmarks.

 From the figures it seems that the counter tree implementation has
worst performances that the std:: when no allocator is used.
I'm wondering if the figures for the std:: containers are using a
specific allocator? If not, it will be a good idea to add them also, so
that the comparison are fair.

Best,
Vicente