Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-08 05:15:04

On December 7, 2012 8:54:33 PM Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> We are starting to pull together documentation for the Git and Modular
> Boost conversion.
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/WikiStart#GitandModularBoost
>
> Comments and corrections welcome!
>
> I'm particularly interested in unanswered questions you have after
> reading these initial docs.

Great work, thank you.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but do I understand correctly that develop
branch corresponds to the current trunk? Also, what branches will be tested?

I would also like to see instructions of checking out and composing a
monolithic Boost distribution, possibly with (or without) only selected
libraries. As I understand, the common boost/ directory with links to
library headers would have to be recreated somehow.

And is there a way to specify dependencies between libraries? Is it
possible to checkout lib A and everything it requires?