Subject: Re: [boost] Boost new library policy
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-10 07:37:01

Hi,

>> Can you give some information on the ressources the website needs?
>> Eventually I'd be willing to host it and thus sponsor that project.
>> Of course that depends on the ammount of ressources that I have to
>> expect.
>
> My remark was a little sarcastic.

Sorry, I did't spot the sarcasm.

> Anyway the final piece I want to add is to hook up to the google
> analytics API so I can add a statistics to the page for each library.
> It
> has
> always been a sore spot for me that I can't know how many people
> use each particular library in boost. I need this "marketing"
> information
> to get a better handle on what the world is demanding. Soooo if
> there
> are any wordpress/php/google analytics API hackers who want to lend
> a hand on this - I'm all ears.

I am not too much of a fan of google analytics. The drawback is, that
it generates a central database of user behaviour on very many sites. Is
e.g. Piwik eventually an option for you (http://www.piwik.org)?

Christof

--
okunah gmbh                                  Software nach Maß
Zugspitzstr. 211                                 www.okunah.de