Subject: [boost] [atomic] Header rearrangement
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-11 14:13:47

Hi,

Before merging Boost.Atomic to release I would like to propose to
rearrange library headers a bit:

1. The current boost/atomic/config.hpp and platform.hpp seem to be not
intended for public use as they don't provide any public components. I
propose to move them to boost/atomic/detail.
2. The boost/atomic.hpp header defines the atomic<> template. I
propose to move its contents to boost/atomic/atomic.hpp. The
boost/atomic.hpp will be left as the "include all" header and will
only include boost/atomic/atomic.hpp for now.

The motivation for the proposal is to cleanup the public library
interface (header layout) and simplify extension later. For instance,
function-style interface can be added as a new header in boost/atomic,
it would fit naturally in the proposed layout. Also, with the upcoming
transition to git it seems that all library headers should reside in
the library's own subdirectory and not directly in boost/.

AFAICT, the change will not affect any other libraries since only
boost/atomic.hpp is included currently. If noone objects (Tim, I would
very much like to hear from you on this), I can do the necessary
changes.