Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Extracting libraries from the svn sandbox
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-13 23:03:31

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
> I tried many times to start from a clean slate. I.e. delete the local git
> directory and trying the clone again. The result is that when it gets to
> the end of downloading the svn revisions it abruptly stops (without any
> messages).. And the git repo is left empty. Not even an error message, and
> no seeming way to make it be verbose enough to decipher where it fails.

OK, finally figured out what the user error was.. I had introduced a typo
in the URL at some point and the clone wasn't finding anything. Hence the
empty, and marked invalid, resulting git repo. I did get the authors file
to work too. And the commits in github show up as being done by me. You can
see the result at <https://github.com/grafikrobot/boost-predef>. I'm
attaching the authors file that I used (it just has myself in it). Perhaps
we can create a fully populated authors file for others to use?

PS.. I'll see about responding to the testing related email tomorrow. Time
to sleep now.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything