Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-15 22:31:09

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Mon Dec 10 2012, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In browsing the repos <https://github.com/boost-lib> I notice that some
> > changes/actions have real users attached to them. While others just have
> > the "modbot" user. Is there a procedure for matching new users to old
> users?
>
> Yes, there will be. However

Meaning? Will the svn=>git conversion do a user translation? Or not? If
yes, will there be a period where we ask for developers to register what
their github account is for mapping?

> Along the same line of questioning.. Is there a procedure for getting
> users
> > added to the members of the "boost-lib" organization(user)?
>
> Now you can make administrative requests at
> https://github.com/boost-lib/admin/issues
>
> Setting this up is a little clumsy, but what I did was to make a team
> called "admin" and a repo called "admin" under the boost-lib
> organization, and assigned the repo to the team. The team (right now,
> and totally subject to adjustment) is Daniel Pfeifer, Beman Dawes, Eric
> Niebler, and me. We're also on the special "owners" team for the
> boost-lib org. According to GitHub docs, the team will receive email
> for every issue opened on that tracker.

OK. But I guess after thinking about this more I'm more wondering what the
security, permissions, responsibilities, library release flow, etc. will
work? Do developers get to own the boost sublib repos, and hence manage
when and how their libraries make it into the releases? Or only the Boost
admins, and the developers have to ask the admins to update from clones?

Sorry if this is already documented somewhere, but I don't remember reading
it when I first read Beman's new docs.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything