Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-16 19:56:08

on Sun Dec 16 2012, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> on Sat Dec 15 2012, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> If yes, will there be a period where we ask for developers to register
>> > what their github account is for mapping?
>>
>> It goes by email address, not github account. The mapping is partially
>> complete and I am working on resolving all the unresolved names.
>> Whether such a period will be needed eventually, I don't know.
>
> Ah.. AFAIK it goes by identity corresponding to the github account. I.e. by
> email address of the account (which is why I said github account).

No, it really goes by email address. You can create a git repository
with commits by an email GitHub doesn't know about and then push it up
to GitHub.

> There is a fine distinction as people can have an entirely different
> email attached to their github account that what they have in the
> current library maintenance records.

Yes, and they can attach multiple emails to their github account IIRC.

> Hence we will need people to verify that the emails we use for the
> mapping are correct.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but it's correct that we should
attempt email verification.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training