Subject: [boost] [BTREE] Get BTREE library into boost - Market Research
From: Joel Young (jdy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-19 17:12:50
My organization is investigating contracting for enhancements to the
developed by Beman Dawes with all enhancements to remain under the boost
author(s) retaining all copyright. No travel is expected to be required as
part of this project.
We are considering the following enhancements:
1. Develop detailed developer and tutorial documentation in customary
2. Enhancing the interface to provide more explicit preload and
caching control to include
the amount of RAM to reserve, perhaps with the ability to specify
posix alignment to
maximize benefit of linux anonymous huge page support.
3. Make the library C++ 11 ready
4. Finalize data layout and support for variable length payloads
5. Provide convenient interface for storing std::string (or the
contents thereof) in payloads
6. Prepare the library for submission for formal review
Any comments and suggestions on this are greatly appreciated. Of
particular interest are
discussions of technical approaches and estimates of hours required.
Please do not send formal
proposals. In addition to replying on this list (preferred) I can be
reached at the telephone numbers
and email below.
Comments sent by 21 December will be most valuable. Discussion after that
is still very welcome!
Please donât include any proprietary data. Also note that I am not
authorized to commit the government
in any way--this is simply market research.
Dr. JOEL D. YOUNG
Computer Science Department
Naval Postgraduate School
Glasgow East Rm 338
jdyoung_at_[hidden] (831) 656-3518