Subject: Re: [boost] Boost SIMD beta release
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-20 04:27:53

On 20-12-2012 07:50, joel falcou wrote:
> We're rolling a beta release of Boost.SIMD along with a beta release of
> NT2.

I looked through the slides. It all looks very impressive! Well done.

I would love to use SIMD extensions for some of our mathematical tools.
We often face some obstacles though.

A. Programs are deployed at our customers' customers, meaning we
have to be very conservative about which SSE extension to use.
Currently, we disable SSE. Question: do your library allow one to
customize which extension to generate code for?

B. Floating point precision is crucial in some of our software. Maybe
you could provide kahan_sum and high-precision normalization functions?
Do you know if there are any problems about the precision in SIMD code?

kind regards

Thorsten