Subject: Re: [boost] [smart_ptr] error with nullptr_t
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-01 17:49:51

Daniel James wrote:
> On 19 December 2012 04:47, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Regardless, (speaking as a release manager) I'd like to see this
> > addressed one way or the other since it's a breaking change.
>
> What's the way forward?

Assuming that we want to support this configuration, the options I see are

- Config defining std::nullptr_t as it does with size_t;
- Config defining BOOST_NO_NULLPTR_T, so that libraries can activate
workarounds, or
- SmartPtr fixing the problem somehow without Config involvement, which
would entail detecting the problematic configuration in some way.