Subject: Re: [boost] [atomic] [release] possible linking problem with atomic
From: Domagoj Saric (domagoj.saric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-22 10:52:17

On 11.1.2013. 17:47, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Friday 11 January 2013 17:35:54 Domagoj Saric wrote:
>> On 10.1.2013. 20:02, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> > Well, it's not a header-only library.
>>
>> That's a bit 'sad' given that 'most' platforms/compilers support builtin
>> atomic operations/instructions...
>> Is there anyway (e.g. define a configuration macro) to make the library work
>> as header-only on those platforms (e.g. x86 and ARM)?
>
> No, currently there isn't one.

You mean that even if I only instantiate Boost.Atomic templates for hardware/OS
supported types while only including the header(s) (w/o explicit linking) I will
get linker errors?
If so, that's rather unfortunate (as it renders Boost.Atomic useless for me and
it also 'smells' of some unnecessary coupling)...

ps. apologies for the delay...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than