Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Support for Android and iOS
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-22 16:14:20

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM, rohit dhamija <rohit.dhamija_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Boost libraries are intended to be widely useful, and usable across a
> broad
> > range of applications, but yet there is no official support available for
> > Android and iOS
> >
> > 1. Is there any specific reason behind the same (like not optimized for
> > embedded devices)? Or any other reason?
>
> Yes. These platforms are not officially supported because no one has
> volunteered to run regression tests regularly for them.
>
> It is not possible for a Boost developer to test on all platforms. So
> developers depend on the test results of regression tests run by
> volunteers. For example, see
> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html
>
> If no one volunteers to run the tests for a particular platform, that
> platform is not officially supported.
>
> So if you care about Android or iOS becoming officially supported,
> start running regular (preferably daily) regression tests for Boost.
> See http://beta.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html
>
> --Beman

I'm working on porting boost to blackberry10. So at least one mobile
platform might have vendor-supported boost.

If someone could explain how to get tests built on "host" compiler/system
to automatically run on the "target" system, I would set up these
regression tests and try to get a dedicated machine to add to the list of
test regular regression tests.

Tony