Subject: [boost] [quickbook] Using .. for content in templates
From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-24 10:15:05

Hi,

We now integrated plantuml into the quickbook / docbook - toolchain.
plantuml uses text based inputs to declare UML diagrams.
Some of the text markups include "..". For embedding the diagrams directly
inside the document source we use:
[template plantuml[filename scale text]
'''<mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata fileref="'''[filename]'''"
sclae="'''[scale]'''"/>
 </imageobject>
  <textobject><![CDATA[
@startuml ''' [filename]'''
'''
[text]
'''
@enduml
      ]]>
</textobject>
''']

and just call plantuml on the output of quickbook.

So the user calls
[plantuml my_diag.svg..60..'''
Foo --> Bar
Blub ..> Bar
''']

An extended variant also combines everything into a docbook figure..

To bypass the issue I now consider splitting up the call into two
templates, and not passing the plantuml content through the template
calls..
Are there any other solutions possible?

regards
Andreas