Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] Using .. for content in templates
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-24 10:44:53

On 24 January 2013 15:15, Andreas Pokorny <andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So the user calls
> [plantuml my_diag.svg..60..'''
> Foo --> Bar
> Blub ..> Bar
> ''']

The normal trick is to escape the second dot, i.e. ".\.", but that
won't work here because it's in an escape. So the only thing I can
think of is to break the escaped text into two blocks in the middle:

[plantuml my_diag.svg..60..'''
Foo --> Bar
Blub .''''''.> Bar
''']

Which is horrible - but it works (although it won't if you turn off
pretty printing). Also, since quickbook 1.5, if the .. is inside
square brackets it will be ignored, but I can't think of any
appropriate tag to use (a template won't work).

I'll have a look into making the template argument parsing a bit
smarter. Quickbook should ignore an ".." if it appears in the middle
of escaped content.