Subject: Re: [boost] [release] some Boost.Build fixes
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-30 05:49:47

On 29 January 2013 21:33, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 03:11 AM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to merge 82654 and 82655 to the release branch.
>> The first is the fix for issue #7920 and the latter a fix for a broken test case.
>> Both only touch the qt5 toolset and tests.
>>
>> Bothe checked in yesterday and have cycled.
>
> I would be extremely reluctant to take fixes to Boost.Build at this
> point since the potential for havoc is so high. I'd like to understand
> how serious the bug is and what it is blocking. I'd also like to hear
> what the other release managers think.

I can't connect to the boost server at the moment, so I haven't looked
at the changes, or what the issue is. But if it the qt5 fix only
involves code that isn't usually loaded, then it might not be that
problematic. Depends on what the change actually is though.

I don't think it's worth fixing a test case.