Subject: Re: [boost] [mixin] Introducing a new library.
From: Borislav Stanimirov (b.stanimirov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-31 15:44:48

On 01/31/2013 10:15 PM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Borislav Stanimirov <b.stanimirov_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> Aha. I get it now. In this case, no. The main purpose of the library is
>> "live" object mutation. Compile-time types while maintaining the previous
>> goal are not planned.
>

> I can see this library as an interesting part of a game engine, in
> particular because it let the C++ code be static while allow script code or
> editor code to change the objects nature on the fly.
>
> I don't have much time but I recognize it could be interesting to see in
> practice (in my domain which is games) how it works.
> I don't know if it would be interesting in other domains than interactive
> media.

I'd say that any big project with complex objects could benefit from
this. Indeed games and game engines are a prime example of such a
project, but there are many others. Any software that has optional
dynamic library plug-ins, for example. I can also see this working great
for most CAD systems, graph editors, project management tools, and many
others.

-- Borislav