Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] is_lambda_expression bug?
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-08 17:57:16

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM, James Hirschorn <james.hirschorn_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr.-2 wrote
> > I can't find any documentation for is_lambda_expression...though I didn't
> > look very hard...is it part of the public API?
>
> I do not believe it is in the documentation.
> But since it's part of the public interface shouldn't it be required to
> work
> correctly?

Can you point to something that indicates it is in fact part of the public
interface? If it's not documented, I don't know what properties
is_lambda_expression has and what guarantees it makes. Its name suggests
some, I admit, but who knows what the author's intents were? Without some
additional documentation, the code defines its behavior, hence I'd say it's
tautologically correct :)

I can sympathize if you think the above implies this metafunction should be
an auxiliary or detail namespace; I would agree.

Is this just an FYI, or are you genuinely in need to detecting Boost.MPL
lambda expressions?

- Jeff