Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation update
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-11 12:51:11

on Sun Feb 10 2013, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> The "Git and Modular Boost" documentation has been updated:
>>
>> * The GitHub mothership with be github.com/boostorg
>
> Is that currently being updated like the bitbucket test repos?

Exactly the same way.

> I ask because the testing will rely on dulwich git which does not talk
> at all with bitbucket (it seems the bitbucket git server works
> differently.. not that I blame it given the disfunction that is the
> git server protocol).

Oh, that's rather lame. Is there a reason you're not going to use
libgit2 instead of dulwich?

> Hence I need something useable for development of the testing scripts.
>
>> * There are now active milestone and issue trackers for the conversion.
>>

> Will the people implementing those milestones have access to update/change
> them? And, shouldn't they be in the boostorg project instead of ryppl?

Well, they'd need a repository if we're going to use a GH tracker. What
repo would you use?

> After all, the testing milestone I'm working on has nothing to do with
> ryppl.

Ryppl is where we're hosting all tools associated with the transition,
so we've got a tracker there for managing the work
(https://github.com/ryppl/boost-svn2git/issues?state=open). Beman has
some creative ideas about how that tracker should be used that I'll let
him explain himself, since I don't really understand them.

--
Dave Abrahams