Subject: Re: [boost] [container] varray aka static_vector
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-13 17:46:38

On 13 February 2013 10:51, Krzysztof Czainski <1czajnik_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I mean the noinit_t trick - can that be done for resize just by writing an
> Allocator? I don't see how.

No, as you basically need two different placement new syntaxes to make it
work.

I'm not sure how much the ability to control default vs. value
initialization on a per element basis (as opposed to a per container basis,
which allocators give you) really comes up in practice.

One can also apply the same reasoning to direct vs. list initialization.
Do we really need all these knobs, or are we just adding them because we
can?

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404