Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] Are we going to participate?
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-13 17:06:18

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:17:15 +0100, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today starts Google Summer of Code.
> Is Boost community will become one of the mentoring organizations?
>
> What project ideas are we proposing? (As for me, I'd love to see
> unique_ptr+unique_array implemented using Boost.Move; C++11 features
> support for MPL, Fusion, Graph, Bind, Optional; BTree library; library
> for getting system info)

Andrew was the GSoC administrator for Boost in the previous years but
unfortunately has no time this year. So I jump in. I just created the Wiki
page <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2013> and will send around
another email in the coming days. For now I encourage everyone to
brainstorm just like Antony did about what you would like to see in Boost.
Google didn't invite us last year to participate in the program, and the
reason was that we didn't have enough ideas/projects. So feel free to send
ideas to this mailing list or add them to the Wiki page. For now no idea
is too stupid - and even if it is, it might help someone else to get a
good idea. :)

Boris