Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] Are we going to participate?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-14 05:37:27

Hi,

Below, I've taken the liberty to post a few updates on some libraries mentioned:

On 14 February 2013 05:04, Michael Marcin <mike.marcin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> - spatial indexes (previous gsoc don't know it's status)

The spatial index topic has been taken over by Adam Wulkiewicz
and here is current version of his work, available as extension to
Boost.Geometry

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/
More details in archives http://lists.boost.org/geometry/

> - json parsing libary

Michael Caisse is going to release Boost.Spirit based JSON library.
http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2013/02/77516.php

> - relational database library (what ever happened with boost and soci?)

This subject has been discussed several times, then BoostCon'09 spawned
initiative called std::rdb. Jeff Garland led workshop [1] Library in
Week 2009 to
discuss the std::rdb propsals, here are materials std::rdb (.tgz package) [2]
Also, std_rdb mailing list was created to discuss the std::rdb proposal(s) [3],
but it hasn't seen activity for two years now.

SOCI is alive, we've just moved the project to GitHub [4].

[1] http://www.boostcon.com/program/previous/2009
[2] http://www.boostcon.com/site-media/var/sphene/sphwiki/attachment/2009/05/12/std_rdb.tgz