Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] Documentation building
From: Alexey Kutumov (alexey.kutumov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-18 08:59:42

> I'm working on CMake'fication of boost libraries, and i 've got issue when

> > building documentation of Boost.Geometry. This library uses
> doxygen_xml2qbk
> > utility for convertiong doxygen XML to quickbook, and this utility uses
> > RapidXML for xml processing. I found rapidxml in Boost.PropertyTree
> > library, but it is in detail subdirectory and also have different
> > namespaces (`boost::property_tree::detail::rapidxml` vs `rapidxml`)
> >
> > Can i use rapidxml from PropertyTree library, or i must write CMake
> script
> > for searching rapidxml as thirdparty library?
>
> Unfortunately they're not interchangeable. PropertyTree has rapidxml in
> boost::property_tree::detail namespace and in the "official" release it
> is in global namespace. The doxygen_xml2qbk currently assumes that the
> "official" one is used.
>
> Aside from this. During my work on the spatial index library I've
> developed an version of this tool which supports additional doxygen
> features like paragraphs, warnings, text formatting and automatic
> references. You might check it out. It can be found here:
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/src/tools/doxygen_xml2qbk/
>
> If --output_style alt is passed as a parameter like in
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/make_qbk.py
>
> the alternative qbk is generated for a class or a group.
>
> The example of a reference which structure is defined here:
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/rtree/reference.qbk
>
> looks like this:
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/html/geometry_index/r_tree/reference.html

Thanks for responce, i'll try these changes.
I'm not sure whether my sources is up to date, but i made some changes, you
can find them here:
https://github.com/boost-cmake/geometry/tree/master/doc/src/docutils/tools/doxygen_xml2qbk
* Added optional parameter with output file (it is needed for CMake script).
* Also i fixed issue with brackets in description (added proper escaping).