Subject: Re: [boost] Releasing gil::io
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-25 16:50:37

On 25 February 2013 01:16, Christian Henning <chhenning_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have taken a look at the requirements to release a new library.
> There is some points I like to discuss.
>
> Technically speaking gil::io is a replacement of the older gil io
> extension. So, it's not really a new library. But of course, I don't
> mind fulfilling all the requirements.

How it's listed in the library lists is up to the gil maintainers and you.

> * Trunk inspection report is clean.

You can see the inspection report at:

http://boost.cowic.de/rc/docs-inspect-trunk.html#gil

*C* = missing copyright, *Lic* = missing license.

> I would need some help here to hook up gil::io test with general boost testing.

I'd normally just include it from the gil tests (using 'build-project'
I think). But if you want it to be separate you can add it to
'status/Jamfile.v2'. I think you'll also need to add an empty
'sublibs' file in 'libs/gil/' to indicate that it has sub-libraries -
you can see these in the algorithm, functional, numeric, spirit and
utility libraries.

Btw. if it isn't obvious, the release process is up in the air for
this cycle due to the git migration.