Subject: Re: [boost] [tweener] Preliminary Submission
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-04 13:19:29

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Julien Jorge <julien.jorge_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> I am not sure that there is a standard for the tween/tweener
> terms.

Basically, as it's the term used by almost all (game-related) libraries out
there providing these features, I think we can consider
tween/er/ing the de-facto standard name for it.
As Michael pointed: TweenLite, iTween, HOTween, AniMate, cpptweener, etc.
all make reference to tweening.
I'm not even counting libraries that have a sub library for tweening
inside, like most game engines or frameworks - cocos2d(-X) for example.

Jeffrey, the keyword you should have looked at is "tweening" not just
"tween". See google results, in particular
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbetweening
also check some stackoverflow questions related, all using the same words:
http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=tween

I think that the more generic term is not interpolate (as it is only the
algorithm inside the operation), but animate (an object's value)
/animation, as it is basically
procedural generation of animation (be it graphic or not.

But I would prefer tween/er/ing as it is clearer for people who worked with
such kind of library in the past.

Joel Lamotte