Subject: Re: [boost] [tweener] Preliminary Submission
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-04 13:33:51

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Michael Marcin <mike.marcin_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> There appears to be no interface to set the current time_point (m_date)
> directly you can only move it a relative amount. There is also no interface
> to query it. This is a very useful feature, it allows you for instance to
> bind your tween to a slider and scrub back and forth through it.

Speaking of sliders: some interpolators are incremental only - they need to
use the previous step to calculate the next. How is this handled? Does
the custom interpolator need to handle it (ie sometimes doing lots of
intermediate calculations to get to a certain point). Is there any caching
of values?

And while I'm here: how about interpolators that only have a fixed value
at one end or the other - ie count down or count up timers/clocks/counters.
 Maybe not really interpolators, but still value-animators, and useful to
be able to have these work within the system.

Tony

P.S. as someone who also wrote their own (looooong ago), I also think
"tween" is acceptable.