Subject: Re: [boost] "Re: boost_svn_expor"
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-15 08:43:33

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM, DongInn Kim <dikim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Rene,
>
> I am sorry for answering late. I did not know that I disabled receiving
> the boost mails.
> > It runs as part of the testing process if a tester has configured
> things to
> > not use the svn client directly. Disabling it causes some testers to stop
> > working. I don't know what the problem is with the cpu usage though as it
> > should be a rarely executed program as there are a small number of
> testers
> > and this would run only a small number of times in a day.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM, DongInn Kim <dikim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > I disabled the script /home/grafik/
> > > www.boost.org/boost_svn_export_archive.sh for now. I have no idea what
> > > invokes the script but it seems that I could not find any troubles
> with the
> > > disabled script.
> > >
> > > Please let me know if you find anything wrong with the boost web
> services
> > > including the svn service.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > - DongInn
> > >

> Can you tell me exactly what your test program does? It clearly invoked 4
> or 5 apache processes which used almost all the resources.
> Does it create the 4 ~ 5 apache processes whenever you run the test
> program?

The testing only invokes one apache request at the snapshot url which runs
that script only once. This is done at the beginning of the testing
procedure for the testers that use it (only one at the moment that has
complained of not being able to run tests). The testing after getting that
snapshot takes a long time to execute (hours).

Did you or your cronjob run it at that time? How could it run?

The schedule of the tester is up to them. Some run it on a cron schedule
(usually daily.. sometimes weekly). Other run it continuously, but those
usually use svn directly instead.

I'm CCing the testing list to see whom uses this method and at what
schedule...

For the testers listening in.. Do you use the non-svn snapshot download
method? And at what frequency do you run tests?

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything