Subject: Re: [boost] Adding some image libs to boost build
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-07 17:02:25

On Apr 7, 2013 3:28 PM, "Christian Henning" <chhenning_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have added jpeg, png, and tiff jam files to boost trunk. These files
will
> be needed by gil::io tests.
>
> There are still some remaining issues which I like to discuss in this
> thread:
>
> 1. building these libs sometimes requires renaming header and/or source
> files to the correct architecture. Should we leave that up to the user or
> should bjam take care of it. And if so, how will we configure that.
> One example is jpeg: see jconfig.vc -> jconfig.h

What I've done in the past to handle that is to generate a header file in
the correct build specific dir that includes the correct library header.

> 2. Tiff has a file nmake.opt which is included in the makefile. How will
we
> include all those options?

Not sure without looking at the file.. but there are two options:

1. Recreate the logic in b2 and generate a global header or b2 options.

2. Have b2, or some other script file, parse the options file and generate
a header or b2 options.