Subject: Re: [boost] [preprocessor] BOOST_PP_OVERLOAD not defined if variadic macros not supported.
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-07 18:35:52

On 4/7/2013 5:12 AM, Mostafa wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 13:54:35 -0700, Nathan Ridge
> <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> However, I agree that this should be made more explicit, because just
>> looking at the page for BOOST_PP_OVERLOAD, one may not know what the
>> '(v)' signifies. Perhaps the '(v)' could be a link to the paragraph
>> I quoted?
>
> Thank you for the explanation. That was exactly my situation, I too was
> wondering what the '(v)' meant and indeed tried clicking on it, then
> looked for a footnote, but in the just attributed it to some
> documentation typo.
>
>> Perhaps the '(v)' could be a link to the paragraph
>> I quoted?
>
> That would certainly be very helpful. How does one bring this to the
> attention of the maintainer(s)?

I am one of the maintainers, as I did work adding variadic macro support
to Boost PP with Paul Mensonides help. I do think that linking to some
other page or anchor each time you click the "(v)" is redundant. There
are many places in the Boost PP doc that use the "(v)" notation and I
would have to link or anchor each one of them. I also found out an
anchor on another page does not work well with the way the Boost PP docs
are setup.