Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Multiprecision GSoC 2013
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-09 17:07:18

> Hi,
> My name is Nikhar Agrawal. I'm a 2nd year Computer Science student. I'm
> interested to work for Boost in GSoC and I found the project
> Boost.Multiprecision really really interesting. Any pointers on how should
> I go about it?
> Meanwhile, I'll go through this book:-
> http://www.loria.fr/~zimmerma/mca/mca-cup-0.5.1.pdf
> Thanks

Hi Nikhar,

Thank you for your interest in multiprecision.
As far as I know, you need to consider writing
a brief proposal in order to be accepted for the
task.

So you need to try to look into this.

As far as the book goes, yes, please look into it.
The formulation of the algorithms is somewhat
abstract, and you should check if you feel
comfortable with the material.

In addition, please investigate
<boost/multiprecision/cpp_dec_float.hpp>.
This is the kind of programming needed.
So you need to make sure you feel comfortable
with that level of programming.

Please get back to us with any further
questions on these matters.

Sincerely, Chris.