Subject: Re: [boost] Fwd: How to start contributing for Boost
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-12 04:27:31

2013/4/10 Hasit Bhatt <hasit.p.bhatt_at_[hidden]>:
> I'm 3rd year B.Tech student in Computer Science with quite good proficiency
> in c,c++ and python. I'm applying for Google Summer Of Code. How should I
> start?

Hi, and welcome!

First of all propose some good idea, that you are willing to
implement. You may also wish to see a list of ideas at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2013 .

Also, you will need to read a Boosts mailing list (the one you are
currently posting to :-) ). There are already some proposals to Boost,
so do not take idea, chosen by some other student.

After you chose an idea - just mail to this list and explain which
idea are you interested in. Then, someone from Boost will notice your
proposal and will be glad to help. (There must be a '[boost] GSOC' in
title of your letter)

In case of any troubles or questions about gsoc - write to this list.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin