Subject: Re: [boost] gsoc project
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-13 08:12:19

Le 12/04/13 23:55, Shamsher Siddiqui a écrit :
> i know c++ well and i like algorithm very much .So I have chosen
> 1)Algorithms
> 2)Boost.Chrono/Date
> I would like to work on this project this summer . I have read
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono_date/libs/date/doc/date.html
> this
> plz give me how to start developing.
>
> I have completed the Algorithm course in my major and pretty good at it
> .help me in this project so that i can on this project

I don't see too much and hard algorithms to implement for
Boost.Chrono/Date. I would like to be sure you understand the problem
domain.

You don't need to start developing anything. You should write a proposal
and send it to this ML the soon the best.
Take a look at these links
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoCSubmissionTemplate and
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoCHints.
Understand the C++ H. Hinnant proposal and the differences respect to
Boost.DateTime.
Understand its limitations (analyze the threads talking of this subject
and this Toward a Standard C++ 'Date' Class
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3344.pdf) and
start to see what do you think about the problems.
You can check the prototype I started some time ago and you also will
need to understand Boost.Chrono from the user point of view.

Been familiar with the Boost tools is a good thing.
Install boost (http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/more/getting_started/),
run regression tests,
install Boost.Chrono/Date, play with it.
Study Boost.Build and
Boost.Quickbook ...

There are a lot of thing to do, understand and master, but the most
important is to write your proposal as soon as possible so that we can
help you to improve it.

Good luck,
Vicente