Subject: Re: [boost] Using both boost 64 and 32 bit on Windows with CMake
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 02:13:33

On 15/04/13 17:20, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> It appear that this mailing list don't accept cross messages so I'm
> posting a link to a discussion related to both boost and cmake.
>
> Basically I'm looking for guidance to help improving development of
> one application using boost in 64 and 32 bit modes
> by finding a way to make the FindBoost cmake module find the
> right binaries depending on either mode.

If you're building 32 and 64 bit on the same machine, then at least of
one these is cross-compilation.
With CMake (and other build systems), cross-compilation cannot happen
automatically, you have to specify manually which directories to use to
find libraries. Using the default may easily result in conflicts with
the native libraries installed.

This is not a Boost-specific problem, this will affect any use of a find
module and even find_library.

> Currently you have to specify an undocumented CMake variable manually
> to do this.

Boost_DIR, BOOST_ROOT, BOOSTROOT, BOOST_INCLUDEDIR and BOOST_LIBRARYDIR
are all documented.